Friday 22 February 2013

Foucault's Nightmare

Next Wednesday I'll be reading from my short story Foucault's Nightmare at Housman's Bookshop, 5 Caledonian Road (near King's Cross), which is included in the Paradise Press anthology Eros at Large. It's a first person piece, reprinted from my collection First and Fiftieth, narrated by a bubbly young female office worker. Luckily, since I will be voicing her, the story is a comedy. For the literate among you, she lives in a world where Michel - French philosopher and sexual commentator - Foucault's nightmare comes true. And if you don't know what Foucault's nightmare was, you'll have to buy the book and read the story to find out. And you can do that by joining us at 7pm on 27th Feb. Details here. Alternately, order either Eros at Large from the publisher Paradise Press or First and Fiftieth directly from me: martin@martinforeman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment