Friday 22 March 2013

Innocence

There are some quirky videos - ads, TV trailers and music videos - on the website of Joseph and Joseph, as I discovered when they emailed me earlier this week and asked me to consider playing the lead in Innocence, their first short film.

No, I thought. Quite apart from the fact that I'm reconsidering my acting career, I'm up to my eyes with a situation that has arisen with Californian Lives (of which more next week) and don't have time to take on new commitments. On the other hand, I like what their work. I like the script. I could change my mind if they could film it in a day... And pay me...

Well, yes, the reply came, they could. And they could. So why don't I drop down to Drink, Shop & Do in King's Cross and talk to them. Which I did. And over a Jack Daniel's, tea and an unidentified cocktail, we discussed character and script and locations and came to the conclusion that this was a part I wanted to do and they wanted me for. Filming is scheduled for next Thursday. And no, I can't tell you what it's about, except that it's the portrait of a solitary man . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment