Sunday 27 January 2013

Breaking legs

First night tonight - Clouds of Grey, a quick-moving drama in which I play an aggressive thug. In this case the old adage "break a leg" almost applies, since violence will be done on stage, although I am not sure that any legs actually get broken. Despite warnings, one of my friends is coming to see it this evening. Others, who have passed the age of 35, have decided the play is not for them. The theatre is almost certain to be full, however, because Clouds of Grey has the noise, the violence and the humour that inevitably lures young men with testosterone levels higher than their IQ - in other words most males under 30.

Me? I'm enjoying myself. The character I'm playing may have the intelligence and morals of a rabid snake, but there's enough range in the part for me to stretch my acting muscles. Besides, I even get some laughs. Want to decide for yourself? Watch the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment