Wednesday 4 January 2012

As You Like Me

Three weeks before the first night, publicity for As You Like It begins. The official poster is unveiled - at least emailed out - and requests for headshots and bios are issued.

Am I excited? No. I don't do excited any more. But I am mildly pleased. And surprised to realise that opening night is only twenty days away. That should be enough time to learn my few lines well enough to allow them to appear natural on stage. Not to mention the umbrella wrestling that will need to be rehearsed frequently in the final week. With luck, none of the cast and no members of the audience will be harmed in the making of this fight.

So, come and see me if you will, for all of 10 minutes at the beginning of the play and another 5 minutes at the end. The 90 or so minutes in between should also entertain. Details here.

As for other projects... The Greenwich Playhouse has not got back to me. The likelihood that it will go ahead? 75%. The French video director told me he is still sorting out dates. Likelihood? 50%. And the Billericay agency audition has not yet confirmed a time. Likelihood of being taken on? 25%. Not bad odds for someone who six months ago had only a dreadful school play and four days' acting class to his name...

No comments:

Post a Comment