Friday 12 October 2012

Film Fun

Back in London picking up the strands of my acting life...

I've been shortlisted for an audition for a part in a feature film, playing a secondary role as an aging prisoner unable to escape the violence of his past. Not exactly Shakespeare, but there's Real Money involved and of course I'd like the part. But instead of turning up to meet the director et al face to face, they want candidates to audition via YouTube / Vimeo. That's the problem. It means (a) learning the lines, (b) finding a decent camera (mobile phone is ok, they say, but I disagree), (c) getting the Other Half or a friend to film me and (d)  setting up a YouTube account. It's a hassle, and only worth it if I have a serious chance of getting the part - and of course I have Doubts About That.

Life should be easier than this. I should have an assistant to make these decisions for me. In his / her absence, give me a couple of hours to think this through...

No comments:

Post a Comment