Thursday 5 April 2012

I'm Back . . .

Yesterday, after a mere 16 days in Thailand and Singapore, it was strange to be walking through Heathrow and getting on the tube to central London. Who were these people? Why weren't they smiling? Why did everything seem so dull?

Today my old life is gradually falling into place. I'm more than half-way through the 100 or so emails that were cluttering up my inbox and the floor and tables of my office are only slightly more cluttered than usual. On Monday I have to go away again, this time for a week in Scotland, but that's part of my regular routine. What's important is that my focus is now back in the UK and on acting.

Not that there's much to focus on... I had a pleasant email from Shirane Belahsen telling me that I hadn't landed the one-man Chekhov part I auditioned for last month (see 15th March blogpost), which surprised me not. Apart from that I have no auditions and no work pending. I have applied for several parts on Casting Call Pro that seem ideal for me - including as a PI in a sci-fi spoof film (apart from spoof, the idea reminds me of the fabulous Dark City), as an aging soldier and something in an Edinburgh production that would allow me to see the festival for the first time in years. The main question, however, is: do directors see me in the same magnificent light in which I picture myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment